Reserving a Room
RFPL will be taking reservations for fall meeting room use beginning August 2nd.
Reserve a Room
The Barbara Hall Meeting Room is available for groups to reserve and has seating for 60 and a total room capacity of 81 persons.
Meeting Room reservation requests must be made online and are subject to the conditions of the Library’s Meeting Room Policy. Submitting a request does not guarantee the availability of a Meeting Room.
Please be aware that the Library Meeting Room Policy includes:
- Reservation requests for use of a Meeting Room on behalf of a group or organization must be made by an adult River Forest Public Library cardholder in good standing, an officer of a River Forest business, or a member of a governmental agency serving River Forest who will be present at the scheduled meeting and will be responsible for the room.
- All meetings must be open to the public and groups may not charge admission or solicit or require donations of money or goods in order to attend. No products or services may be promoted, solicited or sold.
- Meetings and programs are expected to end 15 minutes before the Library closes.
- The Library may cancel a group’s current or future reservations if the Meeting Room policy is violated.
- Once a reservation request is submitted a Library staff member will contact you to let you know whether or not it has been approved.
- Meeting Room reservation requests may be made no more than 90 days in advance and no less than 48 hours in advance.
- Begin your Meeting Room reservation request below by choosing either a room to book or a date to reserve.
Study Spaces Available
- Reservation requests for use of a study space must be made by a River Forest Public Library cardholder in good standing.
- Each reservation will be for a maximum of one hour. Time may be extended at the discretion of staff, if there is no one else waiting.
- Reservations are limited to one per day.
- Please check in at the Adult/Teen Services Desk before using the room.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes after the intended start time. After that, the study space will be passed on to others who may be waiting.
- Each space can accommodate up to 2 people
- Please use headphones if you are using a device with sound.
- Individuals may request the use of a space up to 3 days in advance.
- Please make sure to gather and take all of your belongings when you are finished. Sanitizing wipes are available for patron use. Those who leave behind debris, or damage the room, may lose their privileges.
- Vacate the space 15 minutes before the library closes.
- All those using the spaces must comply with all rules of behavior set forth in the Library’s Code of Conduct policy. Staff may limit or restrict use based on any infractions. Prohibited behavior includes:
- Moving furniture in and out of the room, or misuse of furniture
- Drinking of non-covered beverages or use of food not in keeping with our Code of Conduct
- Disruptive behavior